Join Our Team!
Assistant Mead Maker
This position will require a hard-working individual willing to work in all facets of producing high quality mead here at Maine Mead Works in Portland. Daily duties could include meadmaking, packaging and representing the company in our tasting room. Ideal applicants will have previous professional brewery operations experience. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience within a professional production setting and grow within a young company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
-Work with head meadmaker to manage daily must making and must system maintenance
-Complete daily cellaring duties as necessary – i.e. tank cleaning, transfers and filtering
- Complete bottling runs and labeling of finished product
- Assist in quality control measures along all points of process
- Assist with keg inventory management and cleaning
- Assist in management of packaging materials (i.e. bottles, crowns, labels, capsules, etc.)
- Assist with Purchase Order prep and shipment to distributors
- Provide tasting room host coverage as needed
- Lead guest tours through the facility, explaining the production process, start to finish
- Ability to work unsupervised while following SOPs and maintaining quality standards
- Self driven/motivated – able to manage multiple processes at once
- Strong mechanical understanding
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Ability to communicate with other team members
- Must be flexible and able to work in an ever-changing work environment
- Must be available to work 5 days a week, within a 7-day work week (i.e. weekend availability)
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to stand, kneel, crouch, climb for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift a 60lbs. pail repeatedly in order to make must.
Please contact Hannah Hirsch via email: email@example.com